I_REP FOUNDATION is looking for a qualified person to fill the following vacant position
Job Title: Project Manager – 1 Position
Reporting to: CEO, I_REP
Duration: 1 year subject to renewal
The mission of the Organization is to advocate for the eradication of harmful cultural practices, sexual and gender-based violence, promote education for the marginalized girl child and women empowerment. It works closely with communities to build upon their awareness on human rights, sensitizes the government for positive responding towards human rights violations and to support victims and survivors of gender-based violence.
The organization is currently looking for a Project Manager to coordinate the daily activities, staff management and ensure institutional sustainability. The candidate will liaise with the CEO in all aspects of the role with the expectation to create compelling experiences and deliverables that demonstrate I_REP’s transformational development model, resulting in increased awareness, advocacy, and financial support to I_REP Foundation.
Duties and responsibilities
• Oversee all project activities and be the main contact point for the donor, CEO and the field officers
• Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization.
• Oversee the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes.
• Prepare and submit project reports, meeting minutes and financial reports on regular basis as required by the donor.
• Oversee the preparation and submission of annual-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports and sending of new funding requests.
• Lead and motivate the project team, monitor project activities and expenditures.
• Coordinate work with consultants and volunteers in the project.
• Collaborate and coordinate closely with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in agreements and MOUs.
• Employ resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. The project manager will trouble shoots project problems.
• Represent the organization at donor meetings, respond to donor tenders and call for proposals, develop grant proposals, identifying donor opportunities and undertake follow-up of potential funding opportunities.
• Explore and develop strategies for long-term sustainability of the organization and its interventions.
• Develop plans in consultation with other staff for possible generation of long-term incomes for the organization.
• Create communication outputs to promote I_REP work to donors, partner organizations and the public at large.
• Develop and implement a social media strategy for the organization.
• Plan, create and publish bimonthly and yearly newsletters and reports.
• Document field activities by taking high quality pictures, videos, stories and interviews.
• Maintain a photo database that contains images expressive of the issues, actions and results I_REP is working on.
• Bachelor degree or higher in arts and social sciences required with preference in (project) management, communications, administration, gender and or community development.
• Five years of relevant work experience preferably in the humanitarian sector.
• Experience with non-governmental organization preferred.
• Excellent Microsoft office, google workspace and other relevant computer skills.
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English and Kiswahili; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Mastery of Pokot Language is an asset.
• Ability to work independently and efficient, to foresee upcoming steps and willingness to work under pressure.
• Understanding of transformational/community development. Very respectful, cultural appropriate, and survivor centered approach.
• Very good understanding and sensitivity towards sexual and gender-based violence issues etc. and a feminist attitude.
1 year subject to renewal based on funding availability and performance evaluation.
Interested and qualified persons are required to submit their applications; cover letter, detailed CV and work references via e-mail to email@example.com or hand delivered to I_REP Foundation offices at Kapenguria before 4th June, 2023 latest 4.00pm.
P.O BOX 346-30600,
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org