Job Title: ECDE / P1 TEACHERS
Location: Masol Ward, Central Pokot Sub County, West Pokot County, Kenya.
Job Type: Contract
Our Foundation is a registered community-based organization working in West Pokot County to promote the rights and wellbeing of girls and women. We are looking to hire two Female ECDE / P1 teachers for our shepherd school program to manage the classroom teaching and learning activities, perform all the duties of a class teacher, provide feedback on the academic, social behavior progress of each child and maintain all the necessary class records for each student.
- Developing lesson plans and instructional materials and providing individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, and creative arts.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and outside.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Communicates with parents and I_Rep Foundation through monthly meetings and consultation to discuss students’ progress and interpret the shepherd school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with the Centre coordinator in assessing and helping students solve their social and learning problems.
- Creates an effective and friendly environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Supervises students in classroom activities during the school day while working with mentors to monitor the safety and wellbeing of the children outside school.
- Participates in curriculum development and learning programs as required.
- Participates in the foundation’s committees meeting and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Must be a female teacher
- At least a Diploma in P1/Early Childhood Development Education.
- Registered with TSC and at least 2 years’ experience of teaching both lower and upper primary.
- Computer Literate.
- Patient and understanding.
- Presentable and able to communicate well in Pokot, Swahili, and English languages.
- Must be passionate about child protection issues and desire to teach in a hardship area.
- Knowledge of both the CBC Curriculum and 8.4.4 will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter only quoting the job title on the email subject (ECDE / P1 TEACHERS) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 22nd April 2022.
Kindly indicate your current/last salary on your cover letter.